Born: July 31, 1987. Hong Kong S.A.R, China
- First class honors, BSc(Hons) in Applied Chemistry, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R, China, 2010.
- PhD in Chemistry, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R, China, 2015.
Thesis Topic: Phosphorescent Rhenium(I) Polypyridine Complexes as Biological Imaging Reagents, Nitric Oxide Sensors, and Bioorthogonal Probes
- Postdoctoral Fellow
Current Research Interests
- Catalytic conversion of biomass-derived carbohydrates to useful chemicals
- Mechanistic studies of chemical reactions using in situ spectroscopy
(1) Lo, K. K.-W., Choi, A. W.-T., and Law, W. H.-T. (2012) Applications of luminescent inorganic and organometallic transition metal complexes as biomolecular and cellular probes. Dalton Transactions 41, 6021 – 6027.
(2) Louie, M.-W., Choi, A. W.-T., Liu, H.-W., Chan, B. T.-N., and Lo, K. K.-W. (2012) Synthesis, emission characteristics, cellular studies, and bioconjugation properties of luminescent rhenium(I) polypyridine complexes with a fluorous pendant. Organometallics 31, 5844 – 5855.
(3) Choi, A. W.-T., Louie, M.-W., Li, S. P.-Y., Liu, H.-W., Chan, B. T.-N., Lam, T. C.-Y., Lin, A. C.-C., Cheng, S.-H., and Lo, K. K.-W. (2012) Emissive behavior, cytotoxic activity, cellular uptake, and PEGylation properties of new luminescent rhenium(I) polypyridine poly(ethylene glycol) complexes. Inorganic Chemistry 51, 13289 – 13302.
(4) Choi, A. W.-T., Poon, C.-S., Liu, H.-W., and Lo, K. K.-W. (2013) Rhenium(I) polypyridine complexes functionalized with a diaminoaromatic moiety as phosphorescent sensors for nitric oxide. New Journal of Chemistry 37, 1711 – 1719.
(5) Choi, A. W.-T., Yim, V. M.-W., Liu, H.-W., and Lo, K. K.-W. (2014) Rhenium(I) polypyridine diamine complexes as intracellular phosphorogenic sensors: synthesis, characterization, emissive behavior, biological properties, and nitric oxide sensing. Chemistry−A European Journal 20, 9633 − 9642.
(6) Choi, A. W.-T., Tso, K. K.-S., Yim, V. M.-W., Liu, H.-W., and Lo, K. K.-W. (2015) Modification of 1,2,4,5-tetrazine with cationic rhenium(I) polypyridine units to afford phosphorogenic bioorthogonal probes with enhanced reaction kinetics. Chemical Communications 51, 3442 − 3445.
(7) Choi, A. W.-T., Liu, H.-W., and Lo, K. K.-W. (2015) Rhenium(I) polypyridine dibenzocyclooctyne complexes as phosphorescent bioorthogonal probes: synthesis, characterization, emissive behavior, and biolabeling properties. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry 148, 2 − 10.
(8) Zhang, K. Y., Liu, H.-W., Tang, M.-C., Choi, A. W.-T., Zhu, N., Wei, X.-G., Lau, K.-C., Lo, K. K.-W. (2015) Dual-emissive cyclometalated iridium(III) polypyridine complexes as ratiometric biological probes and organelle-selective bioimaging reagents. Inorganic Chemistry 54, 6582 − 6593.
- The College of Science and Engineering Entrance Scholarship, 2008
- The College of Science and Engineering Student Research Excellence Awards, 2013
- Research Tuition Scholarship, 2011 − 2014
Origin, ChemDraw, ChemWin, etc.
Green Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Bioinorganic Chemistry, and Cell Biology
Playing Piano, Listening music, Running, etc.
Cantonese (excellent), English (good), Mandarin (good).